In this four-hour module on Supported Scaffold User and Refresher, learners can learn about using and working on a supported scaffold in New York city, the types of supported scaffolds and their major components. They will also become aware of the general principles of fall protection. Note: There is a 45-minutes required in-person component of this course held at All NYC Safety’s Brooklyn training center.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Supported Scaffold User and Refresher is designed and curated for NYC construction workers to help fulfil the requirement to use or work on a Supported Scaffold.
- Introduction to Supported Scaffolds, types of supported scaffolds and their major components.
- Supported scaffold accidents, common causes and preventions, and accident statistics.
- OSHA 1926 overview, Subpart E, Subpart L and Subpart M.
- NYC construction codes overview with emphasis on the scaffold sections (3314) in Chapter 33.
- General principles of fall protection, fall clearance, total fall distance calculations, minimizing fall forces and guarding against falling objects.
The content curated in accordance with NYC DOB guidelines, is explained through interactive scenario-based learning, animations, case studies and various activities for better understanding.
The course also has Voice Authentication as per NYC DOB requirements. All NYC training online courses are developed in conjunction with NYC DOB ‘s online course proctoring requirements. Voice authenticated OSHA courses ensure the identity of the student taking the course throughout the course duration.
NYC Local Law 52 requires all individuals who use a supported scaffold, including the person supervising such, to complete (at minimum) 4-hours of training by a Dept. of Buildings-approved training provider. This course must be repeated every four years.
The duration of the course is 4 hours in accordance with the NYC DOB requirement. Forty-five minutes of mandatory hands-on training is required in addition to this online course. This in-person live training is held at All NYC Safety’s training center in Brooklyn, NY.
This course includes
3.15 hours of Online training
45-Minutes of Hands-on training
Quiz for assessment
Certificate of completion