In this one-hour module on Stairways and Ladders, learners can learn about the different parts of ladders and stairs, and administrative safety requirements associated with stairs and ladder safety. This course will help learners recognize, and avoid hazards associated with stairs and ladders.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Stairways and Ladders is designed and curated for NYC construction workers to help fulfil the requirement for an applying for a Site Safety Training Card.
- Occupational injury statistics concerning stairs and ladders, and types of injuries.
- The different slopes (angles) associated with ramps, stairs, and ladders.
- The basic stair parts, components and rules associated respectively.
- Examples of different types of ladders along with safety tips and rules.
- How to choose the right ladder for the task.
- Electrical hazard concerns when using ladders.
- Inspecting a ladder before use.
- Ascending and Descending ladders.
- Stairs and Means of Egress.
- Issues surrounding means of egress in occupied buildings.
The content curated in accordance with NYC DOB guidelines, is explained through interactive scenario-based learning, animations, case studies and various activities for better understanding.
The course also has Voice Authentication as per NYC DOB requirements. All NYC training online courses are developed in conjunction with NYC DOB ‘s online course proctoring requirements. Voice authenticated OSHA courses ensure the identity of the student taking the course throughout the course duration.
In order to continue to operate in the City of New York, the designated construction worker is required to complete a minimum number of hours of approved site safety training and to carry site safety identification cards as proof of completion of the training (As per New York City Local Law 196 of 2017 also known as ‘LL196’ or ‘Local Law’). This course provides one hour towards the satisfaction of that requirement.
The duration of the course is 1 hour in accordance with the NYC DOB requirement.
This course includes
1 hour of Online training
Quiz for assessment
Certificate of completion