In this one-hour module on First Aid and CPR, learners can learn about terms, equipment, procedures and regulatory requirements associated with First Aid and CPR. This course will help learners recognize when they or other workers are experiencing a medical emergency.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
First Aid and CPR is designed and curated for NYC construction workers to help fulfil the requirement for an applying for a Site Safety Training Card.
- Medical Emergency – what constitutes a medical emergency, basic anatomy, Cardio-Pulmonary resuscitation (CPR), Emergency action plan for a job site with case studies.
- First Aid Kits and Hazard Communication – Safety Data Sheets, Training in first aid for chemical exposures, Training for blood borne pathogens, blood spills and exposure to bodily fluids and tissue.
- Good Samaritan Laws and Immunity from Liability of NYS Law, Section 3013.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) – Process leading up to use of CPR, how to administer CPR, Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
- Personal Fitness and Fitness for Duty – Overexertion during strenuous work activities, extreme environmental conditions, Wearing a Respirator and labored breathing.
The content curated in accordance with NYC DOB guidelines, is explained through interactive scenario-based learning, animations, case studies and various activities for better understanding.
The course also has Voice Authentication as per NYC DOB requirements. All NYC training online courses are developed in conjunction with NYC DOB ‘s online course proctoring requirements. Voice authenticated OSHA courses ensure the identity of the student taking the course throughout the course duration.
In order to continue to operate in the City of New York, the designated construction worker is required to complete a minimum number of hours of approved site safety training and to carry site safety identification cards as proof of completion of the training (As per New York City Local Law 196 of 2017 also known as ‘LL196’ or ‘Local Law’). This course provides one hour towards the satisfaction of that requirement.
The duration of the course is 1 hour in accordance with the NYC DOB requirement.
This course includes
1 hour of Online training
Quiz for assessment
Certificate of completion