In this eight-hour module on Fall Prevention, learners can learn about terms associated with falls in construction and how to make informed decisions while working at heights. This course will help learners recognize, avoid and prevent falls hazards from causing harm.Note: There is a 1-hour required in-person component of this course held at All NYC Safety’s Brooklyn training center.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Fall Prevention is designed and curated for NYC construction workers to help fulfil the requirement for applying for a Site Safety Training Card.
- Statistics of fatal falls – cases of falls in New York City.
- Types of Fall Hazards – falls to below, falls to the same level, struck-by falling objects.
- Nature of gravity – Force, Tension force, Angle force.
- Components, Specifications and Regulatory Requirements of fall control – Guardrails Systems, Nets, Controlled Access Zones, Limited Access Zones, Controlled Decking Zones, Hole Covers, Stairs and ladders, Scaffold use, Monitoring Systems.
- Stuck-by and fall-to-the-same level controls – Housekeeping, Storage prohibitions, Hardhats, Tethering of tools, Sidewalk Sheds.
- Personal Fall Arrest Systems – Fall arrest with self-retracting lanyards, Fall restraint systems, Positioning systems, Horizontal life lines, Vertical life lines.
- Components of a prompt rescue plan and how to calculate fall distances.
The content curated in accordance with NYC DOB guidelines, is explained through interactive scenario-based learning, animations, case studies and various activities for better understanding.
The course also has Voice Authentication as per NYC DOB requirements. All NYC training online courses are developed in conjunction with NYC DOB ‘s online course proctoring requirements. Voice authenticated OSHA courses ensure the identity of the student taking the course throughout the course duration.
In order to continue to operate in the City of New York, the designated construction worker is required to complete a minimum number of hours of approved site safety training and to carry site safety identification cards as proof of completion of the training (As per New York City Local Law 196 of 2017 also known as ‘LL196’ or ‘Local Law’).
The duration of the course is 8 hours in accordance with the NYC DOB requirement. One hour of mandatory hands-on training is required in addition to this online course. This in-person live training is held at All NYC Safety’s training center in Brooklyn, NY.
This course includes
7 hours of online training
1 hour of Hands-on training
Quiz for assessment
Certificate of completion