In this two-hour module on Drug and Alcohol Awareness, learners can learn about the adverse effects of drug and alcohol in the workplace. This course will help learners recognize problems associated with substance dependency, and help trainees be less susceptible and better at recognizing, avoiding and preventing (RAP) adverse consequences of drug and/or alcohol use and abuse.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Drug and Alcohol Awareness is designed and curated for NYC construction workers to help fulfill the requirement for applying for a Site Safety Training Card.
- Drugs and the effects of drugs and alcohol in workplaces – Prescription and over the counter drugs, Illicit drugs, Addictive drugs.
- Drug and Alcohol Use in the Construction Industry – Illustrative statistics describing the spread of drug use in the construction industry, United States Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), Occupational Injury and Employee Substance Use, Societal facts about drug and alcohol use.
- Impact and Effects of Drug and Alcohol Use on Construction Sites – Workplace Safety, Criminality and Incarceration, Personal Health and Wellbeing, Impairment.
- Various drugs and their effects on the human body – Prescription Opioids, Heroin, Cocaine, Methamphetamine, Methadone, Amphetamines, Benzodiazepines.
- Prevention and Control of Drugs and Alcohol in the Workplace – The Science of Addiction, Effects of drugs on the brain.
- Adverse Synergistic Use of Drugs along with Alcohol – Mixing drugs, Effects of common drug interactions.
The content curated in accordance with NYC DOB guidelines, is explained through interactive scenario-based learning, animations, case studies and various activities for better understanding.
The course also has Voice Authentication as per NYC DOB requirements. All NYC training online courses are developed in conjunction with NYC DOB ‘s online course proctoring requirements. Voice authenticated OSHA courses ensure the identity of the student taking the course throughout the course duration.
In order to continue to operate in the City of New York, the designated construction worker is required to complete a minimum number of hours of approved site safety training and to carry site safety identification cards as proof of completion of the training (As per New York City Local Law 196 of 2017 also known as ‘LL196’ or ‘Local Law’).
The duration of the course is 2 hours in accordance with the NYC DOB requirement.
This course includes
2 hours of Online training
Quiz for assessment
Certificate of completion