In this one-hour module on Confined Space Entry, learners can learn about confined spaces and permit required confined spaces. This course will help learners recognize such spaces, and how to make informed decisions when working in them.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Confined Space Entry is designed and curated for NYC construction workers to help fulfil the requirement for an applying for a Site Safety Training Card.
- OSHA’s definition of a Confined Space with its 3-criteria.
- OSHA’s definition of a Permit Required Confined Space.
- Host employer and controlling employer responsibilities.
- Criteria for Permit Required Confined Spaces – hazardous atmosphere, engulfment hazards, and configuration hazards.
- Steps for Control of Hazardous Energy: Lock-out Tag-out.
- Roles and training requirements associated with Permit Required Confined Spaces.
- Permit Require Confined Space Rescue.
- Basic Science of Atmospheric Hazards.
The content curated in accordance with NYC DOB guidelines, is explained through interactive scenario-based learning, animations, case studies and various activities for better understanding.
The course also has Voice Authentication as per NYC DOB requirements. All NYC training online courses are developed in conjunction with NYC DOB ‘s online course proctoring requirements. Voice authenticated OSHA courses ensure the identity of the student taking the course throughout the course duration.
In order to continue to operate in the City of New York, the designated construction worker is required to complete a minimum number of hours of approved site safety training and to carry site safety identification cards as proof of completion of the training (As per New York City Local Law 196 of 2017 also known as ‘LL196’ or ‘Local Law’). This course provides one hour towards the satisfaction of that requirement.
The duration of the course is 1 hour in accordance with the NYC DOB requirement.
This course includes
1 hour of Online training
Quiz for assessment
Certificate of completion