In this one-hour module on Asbestos/Lead Awareness, learners can learn about health effects of asbestos and lead in the workplace and will be able to avoid health hazards associated with asbestos and lead. This course will help learners recognize places and locations where asbestos and lead containing materials may be found in the construction industry.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Asbestos/Lead Awareness is designed and curated for NYC construction workers to help fulfil the requirement for an applying for a Site Safety Training Card.
- Asbestos and its health effects – how asbestos damages the Alveoli, how exposures can occur, symptoms and progression of Asbestosis and Mesothelioma
- Regulatory requirements for asbestos – Testing, Abatement, Handling, Training, Containment areas.
- Lead in the construction industry.
- Regulatory requirements for lead – Testing, Abatement, Handling, Training.
- Health effects of lead – how exposures can occur, means of preventing exposures.
The content curated in accordance with NYC DOB guidelines, is explained through interactive scenario-based learning, animations, case studies and various activities for better understanding.
The course also has Voice Authentication as per NYC DOB requirements. All NYC training online courses are developed in conjunction with NYC DOB ‘s online course proctoring requirements. Voice authenticated OSHA courses ensure the identity of the student taking the course throughout the course duration.
In order to continue to operate in the City of New York, the designated construction worker is required to complete a minimum number of hours of approved site safety training and to carry site safety identification cards as proof of completion of the training (As per New York City Local Law 196 of 2017 also known as ‘LL196’ or ‘Local Law’). This course provides one hour towards the satisfaction of that requirement.
The duration of the course is 1 hour in accordance with the NYC DOB requirement.
This course includes
1 hour of Online training
Quiz for assessment
Certificate of completion